“LOLER, ILO 152, NORSOK, Circ.1331, AFS 2006:6? It doesn’t matter, we are your independent and approved competent persons, no matter what your regulations and requirements are. Leave it with us!”
In compliance with EU regulations, all cranes must be annually inspected. Cranes belong to the part of your equipment that is used most frequently. Daily usage wears cranes components down. This can lead to a breakdown, or if the worse happens, a very dangerous failure that puts you and your employee’s life at risk.
At Marinspect we have extensive experience of crane inspections and we carry them out both on land and at sea. We perform inspections of every level ranging from installation to modernization and in-service inspections. Our well-well-trained inspectors can immediately identify when quality is not up to standard. Marinspect’s team of engineers are authorized to crane services by most Flags and classification societies.
Increased security and benefits with crane inspections
Many inspections are mandatory and require a formal record, while others are driven by commercial needs. Routine inspections help you identify potential problems and mechanical failures and address them before they become a big problem. Some main benefits of crane inspections are:
• Keeps your employees out of danger
• Increased operational availability
• Longer lifetime for your cranes, hoists and lifting devices
• Ensuring compliance. The law is the law. No business wants to be shut down over noncompliance with regulations.
Why can’t I inspect my own cranes?
No individual who lacks the qualifications should perform crane inspections. If your cranes are not inspected according to rules and regulations, it may cost you extremely sensible sums if your employees are injured due to a dysfunctional crane. So leave it with us.
Different kinds of crane inspections
Crane inspections are mainly divided into two categories. They are:
1. Initial inspection. A new or altered crane shall always be inspected to ensure all parts are functional prior to use. An initial inspection assures that modified, reinstalled or repaired components have been installed properly and functionally tested.
2. Frequent inspection. A visual and operational inspection. Its frequency depends on the crane’s exposure to wear, deterioration, or malfunction as well as the nature of the critical components of the crane. All operational mechanisms are checked and our engineer pay close attention to wire ropes, hoist brakes, load chains, and listens carefully for any abnormal sounds.
Keep your cranes in excellent condition with Marinspect
Remember, inspections are a lot more than legislation and regulations. If you hire Marinspect for your crane inspections you can be assured that your cranes are always in top condition. We can act with very short notice so go ahead and give us a call right now!